Testing in Garfield County
*If you test positive, talk to your physician to see if medicine is right for you.
Free PCR tests are available March 27 through July 31, 2023
- No appointment is needed
- All testing is conducted outside, no testing access is available inside any location
- Testing questions should be directed to Garfield County Public Health
o Rifle 970-625-5200, ext. 8116
o Glenwood Springs 970-945-6614, ext. 2030
- Please wear a mask
- A web-based system will be used to register and send test results
- Testing is free, but insurance will be billed as applicable
Rifle, outside, located in the parking lot facing Railroad Avenue. The southeast side of the Health and Human Services Building, 195 W. 14th St.
Open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Carbondale, outside, located in the parking lot behind Town Hall. 511 Colorado Ave.
Open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., and Sundays 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
*Town of Carbondale cannot assist you with testing questions. Please contact public health.
Rapid antigen take-home tests
- Free take-home antigen tests are available while supplies last at Rifle and Glenwood Springs Garfield County Public Health Department offices and Garfield County Library branch locations.
- Households may order up to four free tests through the federal government at covid.gov/tests or by calling 1-800-232-0233.
- Insurance companies and health plans are required to cover eight free take-home tests per covered person per month. Coloradoans without insurance can apply for Health First Colorado(Colorado’s Medicaid program).