please make reservations 48 hours in advance
Call for reservations:
For all sites, reservations must be made by noon at least 48 hours in advance and by Friday for meals on Monday.
Meals need to be picked up between 12 and 12:30 p.m. only
|New Castle – by Thursday||665-0041|
|Parachute – Monday, 9-12 only||285-7216|
To view the day’s meal, click on that day in the calendar and it will show below the calendar.
This program is provided through cooperative efforts of the Garfield County Department of Human Services, the City of Rifle, The NW Colorado Area Agency on Aging, Town of New Castle, Town of Parachute, Town of Silt, Town of Carbondale, RFTA, City of Glenwood Springs, Colorado Mountain College, donations and client contributions.
Approved by Stephanie Nick, RDN
Garfield County Senior Program – Judy 945-9191, ext. 3061 or Debby 945-9191, ext. 3084
There is a $3 suggested donation for meals. Reservations are needed by noon the weekday before the meal you want, so please call the Rifle Senior Center at (970) 665-6540 to make your reservations for New Castle, Silt, Rifle and Parachute. Call 665-0041 for Glenwood Springs and Carbondale RSVPs.
All meal pick-ups occur between 12 and 12:30 p.m. with limited home delivery occurring prior to noon.
- Monday: New Castle at Castle Valley Senior Center, 201 Castle Valley Blvd., outside the community room. Glenwood Springs is a CONSOLIDATED LOCATION at Colorado Mountain College, 1402 Blake Avenue. Please enter at the lower parking lot and come to the side entrance.
- Tuesday: Rifle Senior Center, 50 Ute Avenue.
- Wednesday: Parachute, Valley Senior Center, 540 N. Parachute Avenue; Silt at Silt Town Center, 600 Home Avenue; Carbondale is at a NEW LOCATION "Roaring Fork and Spoon" at the Orchard, The Gathering Center, located at 110 Snowmass Drive, next to Crystal River Elementary School.
- Thursday: Rifle Senior Center, 50 Ute Avenue.
- Friday: Rifle Senior Center, 50 Ute Avenue and Glenwood Springs at Colorado Mountain College, 1402 Blake Avenue. Please enter at the lower parking lot and come to the side entrance.
All area City Markets are implementing senior hours, from 7 to 8 a.m., Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Prescription pick-up services are not available during this time. Walmart is offering senior hours from 6 to 7 a.m. on Tuesdays, and prescription pick-up is available. Natural Grocers in Glenwood Springs is offering a special shopping hour from 9 to 10 a.m. for seniors (60 and over) and people with underlying health issues.
High-risk seniors are encouraged to minimize public exposure when possible. Some options to help limit exposure are:
- City Market’s grocery pick up (the first three are free).
- Walmart grocery pickup (free).
- Clarks Market Parachute (no pickup or delivery)
LIFT-UP is offering pick-up food. Go to the organization's website for more information.
LIFT-UP’s Extended Table grab-and-go bagged meals are available from 5 to 6 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays in Rifle at the Rifle United Methodist Presbyterian Church, Lovell Building, 200 E. 4th Street.
- Monday through Friday in Glenwood Springs the First United Methodist Church, 824 Cooper Ave.