Garfield County Public Health encourages people to get their flu shot. September and October are the best times for people to get a flu vaccine.
Behind on your child’s necessary vaccines? Traveling internationally? Make an appointment with Public Health to get the vaccines you need.
Garfield County Public Health, among other entities in our communities, is distributing Naloxone kits to reduce the number of opioid overdose deaths.
Medicare Part D members should call local pharmacies to check pricing and coverage. Adults 50 years and older are encouraged to get the vaccine Shingrix.
Program and services
- Blood pressure screenings
- Car seat checks
- Communicable disease surveillance
- Early periodic screening, diagnosis, and treatment for Medicaid clients (EPSDT)
- Environmental health
- Health care program for children with special needs (HCP)
- Health education
- Immunizations for children and adults
- Prenatal case management
- Tobacco prevention
- Travel vaccinations
- Women, Infants and Children nutritional supplement program (WIC)
Garfield County Public Health Department – working to promote health and prevent disease.
Our vision is that residents of Garfield County will have access to resources that promote optimal health, safety and well-being.
The Garfield County Public Health Department is committed to the highest standards of health for individuals and communities.