Open burning is not currently allowed, and is generally not allowed between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Burning is also not permitted on Red Flag Warning days any time of the year.
Stage 1 fire restrictions
WHAT STAGE I FIRE RESTRICTIONS MEAN IN GARFIELD COUNTY
• Fireworks are not allowed under Stage I Fire Restrictions. Professional fireworks shows may be allowed through the permitting process.
• All burn permits are postponed/canceled until further notice.
• Campfires are only allowed within designated fire grates in developed areas (i.e. a permanent in-ground containment structure or store bought fire pit) A temporary fire pan and rock campfire rings will not be acceptable.
• No fires of any type including charcoal in undeveloped areas.
• No smoking except within a designated area, enclosed vehicle or building, a developed area or in an area free of combustibles.
• No use of fireworks or explosive materials, including “exploding” targets or bullets and tracer rounds.
• Exercise common sense and industry safety practice when welding or in operation of an acetylene or other similar torch with an open flame in an always cleared safe area of vegetation and combustibles.