Stage 1 fire restrictions
The Garfield County Sheriff, and the seven fire districts in Garfield County have reverted to Stage 1 Fire Restrictions. This applies to all of unincorporated Garfield County.
STAGE 1 FIRE RESTRICTIONS IN GARFIELD COUNTY
• Firework use is not permitted in Garfield County. Professional fireworks shows may be allowed through the permitting process.
• All burn permits are postponed/canceled until further notice.
• Campfires are are only allowed within designated fire grates in developed areas (i.e. a permanent in-ground containment structure or store bought fire pit).
• No fires of any type, including charcoal, in undeveloped areas.
• No smoking except within a designated area, enclosed vehicle or building, a developed area or in an area free of combustibles.
• Welding – exercise common sense and industry safety practice when welding or operation of an acetylene or other similar torch with open flame in an always cleared safe area of vegetation and combustibles.
• No use of fireworks or explosive materials, including “exploding” targets or bullets and tracer rounds.
RESTRICTIONS ON FEDERAL LANDS
• The use of fireworks, flares, or other incendiary devices, including exploding targets, are always prohibited on federal lands.
Bureau of Land Management fire restrictions in northwest Colorado -|
The White River National Forest is in Stage 1 fire restrictions throughout its districts.
County commissioners ban fireworks use in unincorporated Garfield County for balance of 2020
On May 18, 2020, the Board of County Commissioners adopted Ordinance 2020-1 Prohibiting the Use of Fireworks in Unincorporated Garfield County for one year excluding May 31 thru July 5. On June 15, 2020, the Garfield County Board of County Commissioners banned the ignition/setting-off of all fireworks with an additional resolution prohibiting the use of fireworks in unincorporated Garfield County from Monday June 15, 2020 through Sunday July 5, 2020.