Summer work available for youth and young adults
Updated: April 20, 2012
The Western Colorado Conservation Corps (WCCC) and Rocky Mountain Youth Corps (RMYC) are seeking two crew leaders and 12 crew members to work on weed management, habitat restoration and trail projects in Garfield County. The Garfield County Commissioners support this opportunity for seasonal summer employment for youth and young adults; it is one of many of their economic development initiatives.
Requirements vary for the crew member and crew leader positions listed below, but in general, applicants must be:
- A U.S. citizen, and between the ages of 18 and 22
- Available for the entire summer
- In good physical condition
- Motivated to work outdoors with a diverse group
- Be sure to review the detailed descriptions below for specific qualifications.
This is an excellent opportunity for youth interested in the outdoors and in conservation work. The WCCC and RMYC offers an hourly wage, plus an AmeriCorps scholarship to eligible corps members.
For more information: call WCCC’s office at 970-241-1027; RMYC can be reached at 970-879-2135, ext.1.