Senior Nutrition Program
Take-out meal service available for seniors
Garfield County Senior Programs is offering take-out meal services for the senior community from Parachute to Carbondale. Staff is working hard to meet the immediate needs of our vulnerable adults during this disruption due to COVID-19. There are multiple options for seniors seeking meal assistance.
There is a $3 suggested donation for meals. Reservations are needed by noon the weekday before the meal you want, so please call the Rifle Senior Center at (970) 665-6540 to make your reservations for New Castle, Silt, Rifle and Parachute. Call 665-0041 for Glenwood Springs and Carbondale RSVPs.
All meal pick-ups occur between 12 and 12:30 p.m. with limited home delivery occurring prior to noon.
- Monday: New Castle at Castle Valley Senior Center, 201 Castle Valley Blvd., outside the community room. Glenwood Springs is a CONSOLIDATED LOCATION at Colorado Mountain College, 1402 Blake Avenue. Please enter at the lower parking lot and come to the side entrance.
- Tuesday: Rifle Senior Center, 50 Ute Avenue.
- Wednesday: Parachute, Valley Senior Center, 540 N. Parachute Avenue; Silt at Silt Town Center, 600 Home Avenue; Carbondale is at a NEW LOCATION “Roaring Fork and Spoon” at the Orchard, The Gathering Center, located at 110 Snowmass Drive, next to Crystal River Elementary School.
- Thursday: Rifle Senior Center, 50 Ute Avenue.
- Friday: Rifle Senior Center, 50 Ute Avenue and Glenwood Springs at Colorado Mountain College, 1402 Blake Avenue. Please enter at the lower parking lot and come to the side entrance.
Should you need help with food during this time, please contact our food line at 970-665-0041. Please remember to keep a supply of shelf-stable food on hand during this crisis and know we care about you.
Temporary Congregate Take Out Meal Sites-|
Temporary Congregate Take Out Meal Sites (Spanish) -|