newspage on cellphone

Seniors may qualify for low-income dental assistance

Garfield County Public Health
108 8th Street, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 | 195 West 14th Street, Rifle, CO 81650

Update October 9, 2013
The OAP Dental Program has been extended until until June of 2014.

March 27, 2013

Seniors may qualify for low-income dental assistance

GARFIELD COUNTY, CO - Garfield County participates in a program for senior citizens, which provides valuable and needed dental services that may be too expensive for some elderly residents to afford. The Old Age Pension Dental Program provides low-income dental care to senior citizens who receive Old Age Pension (OAP) medical assistance.

Senior citizens who qualify for OAP may obtain dentures, denture repair, and preventative and restorative oral services. The OAP Dental Program is available until June 30, 2013.

The OAP Dental Program provides financial and health care assistance to people who are 60 years or older. Requirements to apply for Old Age Pension benefits include being a Colorado resident and applying in the applicant's county of residence. Successful applicants must also be able to prove citizenship in one of the following categories:

  1. Birth in the United States
  2. Naturalized citizenship
  3. A legal immigration into the United States

For more information on the OAP Dental Program, please contact the Garfield County Department of Human Services at 970-625-5282 extension 3159.

"We can assist seniors in understanding and navigating the application process for these valuable services," said Tricia Murray, eligibility manager for the Garfield County Department of Human Services. "The opportunity to access dental care may be cost prohibitive, and many local seniors can benefit greatly from this program. We are happy to explain how."

Programs in neighboring counties may be reached at these numbers: Eagle County Human Services at 970-328-8888 and Pitkin County Human Services at 970-704-2777.

Garfield County has information regarding its senior programs at: and on OAP programs at

Senior programs are accessible from the top menu of every page in the Garfield County website.

Media contact:
Renelle Lott
Chief Communications Officer
Garfield County
108 8th Street, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
970.366.2275 cell


Garfield County Administration
108 8th Street, Suite 101
Glenwood Springs, CO  81601

970-945-5004 | phone
970-945-7785 | fax

privacy policy