Garfield County COVID-19 Summary
For the week of 2.1.21
Data update: Garfield County has remained in Level Yellow for Stable/Declining Hospitalizations and two-week cumulative Test Positivity levels. The county two-week cumulative incidence rate remains in Level Red. Case rates have shown a decline over the past three weeks.
B.1.1.7 (UK) variant: The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) and Garfield County Public Health have confirmed that two Garfield County residents have tested positive for the B.1.1.7 (UK) variant. One additional case is awaiting confirmatory testing. Read more about frequently asked variant questions here.
5 Star status: Garfield County has its 5 Star Status. Visit the 5 Star page or read more here.
Vaccine rollout: As of 1/31/21 6,445 people have received COVID-19 vaccine. Of those, 2,000 or 3.3% have received both doses and are fully vaccinated. Garfield County estimates that over 72% of our 70+ population has been vaccinated, while the state of Colorado as a whole is at 34%. The state’s goal is to have 70% of the 70+ population vaccinated by the end of February.
The state will begin vaccinating Coloradans ages 65 and older, as well as Colorado PreK-12 educators February 8. This is part of the new COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan.
-Individuals in eligible age groups should continue to watch for appointment availability at one of the locations listed on the Garfield County vaccine page.
-Educators should reach out to their employers to sign up for the vaccine.
The state estimates that close to March 5, frontline workers and Coloradans ages 16-64 with two or more high-risk conditions will also be eligible to receive the vaccine.
– these come from Johns Hopkins, covidtracking.com, CDPHE
|Geographic area||Total cases||Currently hospitalized||Deaths||Recovered|
|Global||102,930,055||Not Available (N/A)||2,227,004||57,015,794|
* This number is the patients discharged in the state.
Cases since last week
- 185 cases reported/added since last week for a 7-day rolling average of 26.4 cases added per day – up 10 cases per day since last week
|Providers vaccinating||# vaccine received||% vaccine administered||1st dose||2nd dose||Phase 1A and 1B||#70+ vaccinated||% 70+ vaccinated †|
|Valley View Hospital||5,671||100%||4,215||1,456||2,225||1,990||43.3%|
|Grand River Health||2,454||100%||1,926||528||820||1,106||24.1%|
|Mountain Family Health Center||370||100%||211||137||233||5.1%|
|Garfield County Public Health||93||100%||93||37||56||1.2%|
|Total from providers listed||8,588||100%||6,604||1,984||3,219||3,385||73.6%|
† 70+ population estimate (4,598) has been calculated using Census data that can be found here: https://data.census.gov/cedsci/table?t=Age%20and%20Sex&g=0400000US08_0500000US08045&tid=ACSST5Y2019.S0101&hidePreview=false
- 36 confirmed COVID-19 related deaths
- 2 deaths have occurred amongst COVID-19 cases, but were ruled to be caused by something other than COVID-19
- 0 new deaths reported since last week
State dial information (1/25 – 1/31)
- Two-week incidence:
- Monday: 511.9
- Tuesday: 578.4
- Wednesday: 583.4
- Thursday: 553.5
- Friday: 505.3
- Saturday: 480.3
- Sunday: 465.4
- Remained in ‘Level Red’ for two-week cumulative incidence rate for the past week.
- Hospitalizations , days with stable or declining hospitalizations:
- Monday: 10
- Tuesday: 9
- Wednesday: 10
- Thursday: 9
- Friday: 10
- Saturday: 9
- Sunday: 9
- Remained in ‘Level Yellow ‘ for stable or declining hospitalizations for the past week.
- Test positivity:
- Monday: 6.9%
- Tuesday: 6.7%
- Wednesday: 6.9%
- Thursday: 6.7%
- Friday: 6.6%
- Saturday: 6.6%
- Sunday: 6.6%
- Remained in ‘Level Yellow’ for two-week cumulative test positivity rate for the past week.