Child Support Services
Garfield, Pitkin, Rio Blanco counties
(formerly known as child support enforcement)
Apply online for child support services! The Colorado Child Support Services (CSS) Program has launched a streamlined application that’s available 24/7 – apply online anywhere, any time.
Make a payment online!
*Payments can also be sent directly to the Family Support registry via USPS mail, over-the-phone, card withdraws, automatic payments via e-pay or MoneyGram payments.
In person: 195 W 14th St, Bldg B, Rifle, or 108 8th Street, Ste 300, Glenwood Springs
By phone: 970-625-5282, ext. 7300
Types of services
The Garfield/Pitkin/Rio Blanco County Child Support Services (CSS) establishes and enforces child support court orders against non-custodial parents (parents who are out of the home) to help pay for the financial and medical support of their children. Child support collections eliminate or reduce the need for public assistance and help to repay the public assistance fund. Child support services are available to help mothers, fathers, grandparents and other caretakers.
• Location of alleged fathers (paternity not established)
• Establishment of paternity (legally establish the father of the child)
• Establishment of child support orders and medical support orders
• Determine if the existing child support order should be modified at either parties’ request
• Enforce the child support order, medical order, or child support combined with spousal support
• Establish and enforce support and medical support when one of the parties lives in another state
• Distribute and document child support collections through the Family Support Registry
CSS will determine the legal action necessary to establish, modify and enforce your order. The following are enforcement remedies that may be used depending on the circumstances of your case:
• Income withholding
• Driver’s license suspension
• Intercept federal and state tax refunds
• Intercept unemployment benefits
• Intercept workman’s compensation benefits
• Place liens on personal and real property
• Report to the credit bureau agencies payment behavior and balances
• Suspend professional, occupational, and recreational licenses
• Garnish bank accounts
• Contempt proceedings
• Passport denial