The Garfield County Planning Commission will hold two Public Hearings, Wednesday, September 8th at 6:00pm.The first public hearing will be for the Review and Consideration of a Major Impact Review for a Large Contractor’s Yard, larger than 5 acres, located at 87 CR 103, approximately 2 miles east of the Town of Carbondale.
The second public hearing will be for the Review and Consideration of a Request for Major Impact Review for a Gravel Operation on an approximately 58-acre property located north of Interstate 70, off County Road 346, also known as the CDOT I-70 Frontage Road. The site is approximately 2 miles west of the Town of Silt and 4 miles east of the City of Rife, in Sections 8 & 17, T6S, R92W of the 6th PM.
To access the meeting, please click on the following link: https://bit.ly/3yHwiUG
Community Development is accepting walk-ins from 8:30 to 4 p.m.We can also accommodate your needs via phone and email. Please call 970-945-8212, Monday – Friday from 8 am – 4:30 pm.
- Currently, the county will continue to schedule building inspections.
- To request a building inspection, please call 970-945-1377, ext. 1621.
- Inspection requests received before 4:30 pm on any business day will be performed on the following business day between the hours of 7:30 am and 4:30 pm. If your request is received on a non-business day (weekends/ holidays) the inspection will be performed on the second business day following.
- Currently, the county will continue to schedule septic inspections.
- To request a septic inspection, please call 970-945-6614, ext. 8150.
- Contact the system designer, as well as Public Health, at least 48 hours prior to requesting a final inspection of the installed system – prior to backfill.
- Currently, the county will continue to receive and process building permit applications.
- Applicants can submit a re-roofing, demolition or sign permit application online here.
- Submittal of all other application types will need to be coordinated by our staff. Please call 970-945-8212 directly. Messages will be returned within 24 hours.
- The county will continue to receive and process land use permit applications.
- Submittal of applications will need to be coordinated by our staff. Please call 970-945-8212 directly. Messages will be returned within 24 hours.
Submit an application onlineCertain types of building and land use applications can now be submitted online.
Re-roofing, demolition or sign permit application
General administrative, minor subdivision or amended final plat
Oversight of wastewater systemsRegulation of on-site wastewater treatment systems (OWTS) has transferred from Garfield County Community Development to the county’s public health department. During the transition, applicants may experience slight processing delays.
Community Development missionTo provide development services and implement county policies in a professional manner that promotes the quality of life for the citizens of Garfield County
Community Development Water Forum PresentationCommunity Development presented at the semi-annual Garfield County Water Forum. The presentation is available here. presentation-|
FireWise constructionFireWise Construction booklet
Windows and glass
Defensible space standards
Colorado State Forest Service fact sheet/info
Road impact fees updatedGarfield County has updated its road impact fees, and has expanded them to include non-residential development, such as commercial, industrial, and office uses, beginning in 2017.
impact fee table
road impact fee calculator