Board of Adjustment Public Hearing
Monday, January 25th at 6:30pm
The Garfield County Board of Adjustment will hold a remote Public Hearing on Monday, January 25th at 6:30pm to consider a request for a Variance from the 50-foot Front Yard Setback from an arterial road on a corner lot and a Variance from the 15% Lot Coverage Zone District Dimensions in the Rural Zone District, for the purpose of constructing a single-family home on an 0.209-acre parcel located at 24 County Road 111, Carbondale, CO 81623.To view the remote public meeting, please click on the following link:
Community Development is closed to the public until further notice.We can accommodate your needs via phone and email. Please call 970-945-8212, Monday – Friday from 8am-4:30pm.
- Currently, the county will continue to schedule building inspections.
- To request a building inspection, please call 970-945-1377, ext. 1621.
- Inspection requests received before 4:30 pm on any business day will be performed on the following business day between the hours of 7:30 am and 4:30 pm. If your request is received on a non-business day (weekends/ holidays) the inspection will be performed on the second business day following.
- Currently, the county will continue to schedule septic inspections.
- To request a septic inspection, please call 970-945-6614, ext. 8150.
- Contact the system designer, as well as Public Health, at least 48 hours prior to requesting a final inspection of the installed system – prior to backfill.
- Currently, the county will continue to receive and process building permit applications.
- Applicants can submit a re-roofing, demolition or sign permit application online here.
- Submittal of all other application types will need to be coordinated by our staff. Please call 970-945-8212 directly. Messages will be returned within 24 hours.
- The county will continue to receive and process land use permit applications.
- Submittal of applications will need to be coordinated by our staff. Please call 970-945-8212 directly. Messages will be returned within 24 hours.
Submit an application onlineCertain types of building and land use applications can now be submitted online.
Re-roofing, demolition or sign permit application
General administrative, minor subdivision or amended final plat
Oversight of wastewater systemsRegulation of on-site wastewater treatment systems (OWTS) has transferred from Garfield County Community Development to the county’s public health department. During the transition, applicants may experience slight processing delays.
Community Development missionTo provide development services and implement county policies in a professional manner that promotes the quality of life for the citizens of Garfield County
Community Development Water Forum PresentationCommunity Development presented at the semi-annual Garfield County Water Forum. The presentation is available here. presentation-|
FireWise constructionFireWise Construction booklet
Windows and glass
Defensible space standards
Colorado State Forest Service fact sheet/info
Road impact fees updatedGarfield County has updated its road impact fees, and has expanded them to include non-residential development, such as commercial, industrial, and office uses, beginning in 2017.
impact fee table
road impact fee calculator