Planning Commission public hearing at 6 p.m. on June 15The Garfield County Planning Commission is holding a public hearing on Wednesday, June 15, at 6 p.m. The public hearing is for the review and consideration of a Location and Extent Application for additional student housing on the Colorado Mountain College, Spring Valley Campus, located at approximately 4 miles southeast of Glenwood Springs, at 3000 CR 114. The hearing can be accessed online.
Community Development is accepting walk-ins from 8:30 to 4 p.m.We can also accommodate your needs via phone and email. Please call 970-945-8212, Monday – Friday from 8 am – 4:30 pm.
- Currently, the county will continue to schedule building inspections.
- To request a building inspection, please call 970-945-1377, ext. 1621.
- Inspection requests received before 4:30 pm on any business day will be performed on the following business day between the hours of 7:30 am and 4:30 pm. If your request is received on a non-business day (weekends/ holidays) the inspection will be performed on the second business day following.
- Currently, the county will continue to schedule septic inspections.
- To request a septic inspection, please call 970-945-6614, ext. 8150.
- Contact the system designer, as well as Public Health, at least 48 hours prior to requesting a final inspection of the installed system – prior to backfill.
- Currently, the county will continue to receive and process building permit applications.
- Applicants can submit a re-roofing, demolition or sign permit application online here.
- Submittal of all other application types will need to be coordinated by our staff. Please call 970-945-8212 directly. Messages will be returned within 24 hours.
- The county will continue to receive and process land use permit applications.
- Submittal of applications will need to be coordinated by our staff. Please call 970-945-8212 directly. Messages will be returned within 24 hours.
Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment openingsThe Garfield County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) is currently seeking citizen volunteers to fill seats on the Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment.
The Planning Commission is a decision making body which primarily provides recommendations to the BOCC on land use matters. There are two current vacancies on the Planning Commission. The vacancies are for a three-year term ending on 12/31/2023.
The Board of Adjustment is a decision-making body, tasked with reviewing variance requests, along with appeals to administrative interpretations. There are three current vacancies on the Board of Adjustment. Each vacancy is for a three-year term. Two of the terms will be ending on 12/31/2023 and one of the terms will be ending on 12/31/2024.
Please send a letter of interest specifying the position you would like to fill, and relevant background, to Community Development Director Sheryl Bower. Or contact Community Development at 970-945-1377 ext. 1605
Submit an application onlineCertain types of building and land use applications can now be submitted online.
Re-roofing, demolition or sign permit application
General administrative, minor subdivision or amended final plat
Oversight of wastewater systemsRegulation of on-site wastewater treatment systems (OWTS) has transferred from Garfield County Community Development to the county’s public health department. During the transition, applicants may experience slight processing delays.
Community Development missionTo provide development services and implement county policies in a professional manner that promotes the quality of life for the citizens of Garfield County
Community Development Water Forum PresentationCommunity Development presented at the semi-annual Garfield County Water Forum. The presentation is available here. presentation-|
FireWise constructionFireWise Construction booklet
Windows and glass
Defensible space standards
Colorado State Forest Service fact sheet/info
Road impact fees updatedGarfield County has updated its road impact fees, and has expanded them to include non-residential development, such as commercial, industrial, and office uses, beginning in 2017.
impact fee table
road impact fee calculator