Garfield County Environmental Health is a branch of the Garfield County Public Health Department. Currently, our programs have a very limited regulatory role. Our professional staff protects public health from detrimental conditions in the environment through promotion, education, collaboration, and the evaluation of environmental health risks.
Every day we are working hard to develop environmental health services and programs that serve the needs and concerns of the residents of Garfield County.
Garfield County Environmental Health strives to attain excellence in the delivery of services we provide to the general public. Our department aspires to be recognized as a forerunner in environmental health through:
• Increasing community outreach and public education, thereby focusing our citizen and industry attention on prevention, rather than reaction,
• Improving our response time in evaluating and mitigating potential environmental health hazards in our community,
• Enhancing our management information system to create an effective environmental health surveillance program,
• Expanding our research capabilities to all fields of environmental health to enable response to prevailing and emerging public health issues,
• Competing successfully for limited available resources to fund innovative approaches in the provision of core public environmental health functions,
• Facilitating the creation of economic incentives for prevention, and,
• Re-establishing environmental health as an integral part of, and inseparable from, public health in Garfield County.
Haga clic aquí para obtener información en Español.