• Fee - $30
• Attendance in person - both parties should come to the clerk's office at 109 8th Street, Suite 200, (Glenwood Springs Courthouse), Glenwood Springs, Colorado, or to the Rifle Annex at 144 East 3rd Street, Rifle, Colorado. If it is impossible for one party to be present, a notarized affidavit can be requested. for the absent party.
• Proof of age is required, which may be verified by a drivers license, birth certificate, passport, or other acceptable identification.
• If the applicant is between the ages of 16 and 18 years, both parents must sign or bring a notarized consent form.
• If the applicant is under the age of 16, a court order allowing the marriage must be obtained prior to issuance of the license.
• If the applicant has been divorced for less than 6 months, we need a copy of the signed final divorce decree. If the applicant has been divorced for longer than six months, we need to know the date of the divorce, the court in which the divorce was finalized, and the location of the court.
• The marriage license must be used in the State of Colorado.
• Certificates are good for 35 days upon issuance.
• Common law marriage affidavits may be recorded at the normal fee.
Request for Certified Marriage License forms
For additional information, please call 970-384-3700, or contact Garfield County Clerk/Registrar Jean Alberico or the Deputy Registrar.