Fire restrictions begin July 29 for BLM lands in Garfield County
Stage 1 fire restrictions begin July 29 for Bureau of Land Management-administered lands in Garfield County.
BLM will enforce these temporary restrictions:
• campfires are only allowed within designated fire grates in developed campgrounds (i.e. a metal, in-ground containment structure -- fire pans and rock campfire rings are not acceptable)
• no fires of any type including charcoal outside of developed areas
• no smoking except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or in a barren area free of vegetation
• no use of explosive materials
• no welding or operation of an acetylene or other similar torch with open flame, except from an area that has been cleared of vegetation
• no operation of any internal combustion engine without a spark arresting device properly installed and in working order
Fireworks are always prohibited on BLM, National Forest and National Park Service lands.
Garfield County fire restrictions-| BLM Fire Prevention Order-|
Grand Avenue Bridge closure Thursday and Friday night
July 28-29 I-70 detour on Sixth Street July 28-29 and nightly Grand Avenue Bridge closures
July 28 – Fatal motor vehicle crash on I-70 near Rifle July 28
Slower speeds in Cattle Creek area
Garfield County is constructing acceleration and deceleration lanes at the Cattle Creek intersection of Highway 82. In the construction zone, the speed limit is reduced to 40 mph during working hours, and 50 mph in evening/overnight periods. The county expenditure is to make the intersection safer for motorists entering highway 82 or exiting on the County Road 113 (Cattle Creek) intersection.
Cattle Creek project-|